There are various causes of gastritis: Bacteria, long-term medication, bile reflux, autoimmune disorders, eating at irregular hours, stress, or high consumption of alcohol.
To remedy gastritis, there must be a lifestyle and diet modification.
- Eat in small amounts frequently rather than three big meals.
- Eat only when hungry.
- Chew your food thoroughly to ensure proper digestion.
- DO NOT drink water with a meal to prevent dilution of digestive enzymes.
- Avoid foods that irritate: Processed/refined foods, deep-fried foods, soda drinks, alcohol, beans, citrus fruits, spicy foods.
- Eat a bowl of oats daily for breakfast.
- Include plenty of fruits and vegetables into your diet.
This juice combo has been reported to provide some relief for individuals suffering from gastritis. Drink once or twice a day at least half an hour before a meal. Drink daily till gastritis occurs less. It is important to improve eating habits as mentioned above.
RECIPE (makes one serving)
Best extracted using a masticating juicer:
- 2 medium-sized carrots
- 1 medium-sized raw potato*
- 1 tsp worth of ginger root juice
* Avoid potatoes that have sprouted or have a green tint.
Drink LOTS of water in between meals.